Thursday, January 11, 2007

Happy Birthday ... to Pets


I'm offering a peek into the next issue of Delaware Pets, hitting pet-related businesses beginning Feb. 2. Stacey Tiedge Alatzas, a former News Journal staffer and one of our favorite free-lance writers, reports on the growing number of pet birthday parties.

Nancy Roberts, a New Castle County Justice of the Peace, celebrated the 4th birthday of Gonzo, her rescued greyhound, last Feb. 14. She says Gonzo had plenty of greyhound friends over to celebrate and even a cake with his image on it. And that's not the last of parties at the Roberts' home.

Nancy writes: "Funny that you are doing this story, because I just ordered a Happy Dog birthday cake for my 11-year-old-to-be Kami, a brood mom who we just adopted in August. She had lived on race farms all of her life until then. So this is the first time she's been in a real home with a family and she's amazing."

If you have birthday party photos of your pets, send them along to jfredel@delawareonline.com. I'll post them -- or maybe use a couple more in Delaware Pets -- and sent a shout-out to our pet friends.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow! Thats a really adorable cake. I love pets. But since my mom was allergic to them, we never really had any. Planning to get one soon. Wish me luck.
Drop into my blog for some unique birthday gift ideas.