Monday, September 17, 2007

Why Our Pets Mean So Much


I don't know why I'm still amazed at the love people have for their pets - I see it all of the time. Yet, that selfless act still touches me. Take this note I received from Michael in Wilmington, who entered our Yoga Dog Dish Contest:

"I have two golden retrievers who are mother and daughter. Their names are Rain and Skyy. I used to free feed the two of them so each of them would eat out of the same bowl at different times. In early June, Rain who is 6 1/2 was diagnosed with leukemia. She is now on a special diet and I have to take turns feeding them.

"Rain has undergone six rounds of aggressive chemo with Dr. Pullen at the Vet Specialty Center on Maryland Avenue. She takes about 10 pills a day. Now, Rain is always fed first, since she is ill and is older. Skyy waits patiently for Rain to finish and then is fed afterwards. I've been meaning to get another bowl, so I can feed them at the same time and Skyy doesn't have to wait. Rain has been through so much."

Godspeed, Rain and Michael and Skyy.

No comments: