Thursday, September 28, 2006

Equal Time for Ugly Dogs and Meerkats

You'll see Delaware Pets' Cutest Dog in Delaware contest elsewhere on this page, but Animal Planet gives ugly dogs their due Friday night. "The World's Ugliest Dog Competition" (9 p.m. Friday) was taped in Petaluma, Calif. Check out the front-runners in all their video glory at Animal Planet's Web site.

Don't forget: New season of "Meerkat Manor" starts at 8 p.m. Friday on Animal Planet. I'm hoping we'll find out what happened to Shakespeare, who had to fight members of a rival clan in the tunnels to protect the three pups under his watch.

MEERKAT UPDATE: Watched the "Meerkat Manor" season opener on Friday night -- actually on TiVo. No sign of Shakespeare, but narrator Sean Astin left the door open, saying the popular male hero has disappeared. But Astin was much more clear about banished daughter Tosca. She's presumed dead. Notice the opening sequence, though. New characters are being introduced and gone are Shakespeare and Tosca.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe all of the sweetest meerkats my(personal favorites so far) I can't seem to stop crying about shakespere and flower. I never thought I would cry over a show like this !!! pat-texas

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the meerkats will be back on finally!!!Don't get me wrong, I like the different ape series but I an having kat-withdrawal!!!pat-texas