Friday, February 13, 2009

Half Jack Russell, Half German Shepherd, All Great Dog


UPDATE: Jen Banning e-mailed me with this update:

"Her name is Quixote. She saved me from an evil park bench the evening of the day we met. It made me think of the windmills."
----------------------------------------------------
When I blogged the other day about the Lab and Great Dane designer dog that my husband and I saw at the park, I asked readers to send in photos or descriptions of other great combos.

I received this photo and note from Jen and Grant Banning of Newark:

"Here's a unique dog breed for you ... half Jack Russell, half German shepherd.

"Life with her has been a blast! Imagine being herded by a dog with the energy of a terrier. She's as smart as the shepherd, aiming to please, and has TONS of energy."

The Bannings' dog - they forgot to include her name - turned 10 last week. Smart and energetic. That is a great combo.

1 comment:

CanalSide Editor said...

Great combination of breeds! Just trying to figure out the logistics. :-)