Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Coco is the Loofa Dog Winner


In the December issue of Delaware Pets, we offered a camouflage-wearing Loofa Dog to one winner picked at random from entries. The winner is Coco. Here's her entry from her owner Cookie Cohen of Wilmington:

"Coco is a rat terrier. She was a Katrina victim and no one claimed her for 8 months while they kept her in a cage. She was found swimming in the waters and emaciated. They even had volunteers from state to state to get her to me, which I thought was a godsend because in this day and age not too many angels are left. But I got Coco because my mom died and I was grieving and needed something to keep me busy.

"Coco loves to attack new toys, they keep her busy. Especially when it's raining out she will cower because of memories I guess. But I find if I get her toys she can keep herself busy. She is my companion and I love her. She shares my home with Muffy, my 15-year-old cat and they get along fine as well."

So, here's to Coco and Cookie - and what they provide for each other. Enjoy the Loofa Dog.

No comments: