Saturday, August 05, 2006

Favorite New CD of Pets Everywhere


We're partial to Donald Fagen's "Morph the Cat." (I stand corrected, Mike. Originally released in March, but there's a new push on for the album now.) It's Fagen's first solo album in 13 years; he's half of Steely Dan's duo. Amazon.com reviewer Lloyd Sachs writes: "The grandly allusive 'Morph,' named after what Fagen describes as a 'vast, ghostly cat-thing' that hovers in the Manhattan sky, reflects with no loss of irony or oblique meaning on the angst and sense of loss felt in the post-9/11 world."

It's filled with plenty of Fagen's unique blend of jazz, soul and funk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't come out until Tuesday? Hmm...I've had it since about March. Amazon reports it was released March 14, 2006.

Either way, it is a pretty decent record. Hey, Jill...you see my shout-out in Ron Williams' column from Thursday?? Looks like my sorry but has gone semi-legitimate!

Anonymous said...

Of course I spelled "butt" wrong. Either way, I hope it's appropriate for your readers!

Jill said...

Hey, Mike, you kicked my butt on the release date for "Morph the Cat." Thanks for keeping me honest. And I did see Ron Williams' reference to your blog. Sounds as if you did some nice digging. Congrats.