Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Buddy, the Super Cool Surfing Dog


I've been looking all over for video I can post of Buddy, the surfing dog from California. The best I can do is this link to a CBS report.

Buddy is an 8-year-old Jack Russell terrier who's been surfing the beaches from Ventura to Santa Barbara -- with a life jacket on -- since he was 2. He rides a body board, short board and, with his owner, a long board. And, get this, he has an agent.

If you surf with your dog at the Delaware beaches -- or anywhere else -- let me know. You might end up in Delaware Pets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Buddy really like surfing? Video makes him look abit scared.

Jill said...

Mike, it's tough to know eactly what a dog is thinking, but it looks to me as if he really does like surfing. At first, I also thought he looked like he was hanging on for dear life, but I think the hunkered-down position is the best way for him to keep his balance. Plus, he really looks eager to try again after he reaches shore.