Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Interlopers Speak Up

We cooked up the "Dog Days of Summer: Works by Jamie Wyeth" catalog contest and we excluded people from distant states or countries. Seems fair to me that the the signed catalog should go to someone nearby -- a perk for living here.

I called the faraway people "interlopers," and a couple of them had cute responses that I thought I'd share:


Nathan: "Being an interloper from Illinois, I am not able to enter the contest, but would like to tell you my story anyway. On the day Jamie Wyeth was signing books at Brandywine River Museum, I had flown into Philadelphia to surprise my granddaughter, who was turning 12 years old that day. She lives in Wilmington, DE. and loves the Blue Rocks baseball team, so I had bought tickets to the game. I read the Delawareonline news most everyday. And saw that Jamie was going to be signing books, but problem was, he was signing same time as the ballgame. So I will buy a book, because I am an animal lover (have Pomeranian named Snickers) but won't have signed copy. But just wanted to let you know how things worked out for me. Thanks, and keep up the good stories. I am not the chosen one, but am one of the chosen few."

I told Nathan it was a pleasure to read about someone with his priorities so much in order.

Gary and Dr. Kathleen: "What? No interlopers? Those of us who still read delawareonline everyday are pretty upset. Since we are unable to get to Jamie's exhibit because we are out of state, is there another way to purchase a "signed" copy. We are dog lovers, Wyeth fans and former colleagues of Jamie. If possible, please forward this e-mail directly to him. We thought this might be our chance to get the signed catalog but since you have excluded us, we'll have to search for other means to obtain one."

I've shipped this e-mail off to a couple of people who might be able to help. Good luck, kind interlopers!

STAY TUNED: Winner will be announced Wednesday!

No comments: