Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Dog She Fell Into a Well For


roscoe.dan, originally uploaded by jillfredel.

UPDATE: The alert readers are right. Roscoe definitely is a French bulldog. I know that. My notes show that. And I just typed "English," instead of "French."

Now, you can totally understand why Tina Davis fell into a well and had to be rescued by the Volunteer Fire Company of Chesapeake City.

Tina tumbled into a 20- to 30-foot-deep well Wednesday afternoon in Chesapeake City trying to rescue Roscoe, her 4-month-old French bullbog. A friend of hers called authorities for help when Tina couldn't get all of the way out - with Roscoe - by herself.

On Thursday, Tina said she was feeling fine, just some scrapes and bruises - and a little wounded pride. Roscoe, she reported, was absolutely fine - not a scratch on him.

It took fire officials about 10 minutes to get Davis out of the well. She had hoisted herself and Roscoe most of the way up on a rope, but had gotten stuck. Firefighters to the rescue of the rescuer.

10 comments:

BEACHLOVER77 said...

I have to say, I would do the same! Call me crazy, but my dog is apart of my family. I am nuts about his personality, soft ears and the never ending wagging of the tail. My dog is much more nicer to be around, than most people. He is never rude, and always appreciative!

Anonymous said...

That is a French Bulldog. You would think the person who writes the dog column would know her breeds, but then it is the News Journal.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is a French Bulldog. Cute...I have an English Bulldog and would jump into a well for him too.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree my Bo Bo Jammer is number one for takeoff day in and day out ...he is part of our family...topic is not even up for discussion...send 2 F14 Tomcats up in the air or in the well as soon as possible to assist my lil boy!

Ryan said...

Indeed a frenchie :) Maybe we can have the editor do a posting of all the frenchies in DE?

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHH This is a FRENCH BULLDOG!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That dog looks forusious doesn't he!!!!! HA HA!!! He is like a grandson to me. I have two granddaughters right now and he is my grandson. He is a cutie and loves everybody!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, thanks everyone for your nice comments! This is my lil Frenchie, Roscoe, and he's the sweetest puppy ever (I'm the woman who was in the well with him). He was even back to his playful self that same night!

Hey Ryan, I agree. Somehow we should get a posting of all the Frenchies in Delaware.

mike said...

Good for her! She shouldnt be embarassed at all. She did a wonderful thing and anyone who loves there pets would do the same.

Green Is Good said...

I'd dive in a well to rescue my pets, too. Glad the owner or the dog weren't hurt.

By the way, there's no need to call the writer of the article an idiot. Manners and courtesy apparently go by the wayside when people post anonymously. He/she made a an error.

Like you "anonymous" posters never have?