Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Master of the Couch and a Bonus Question


Life clearly does imitate art. I found this photo while cleaning out e-mail from our Jamie Wyeth Dog Days of Summer Contest. The image comes from Kathleen Kendall of Newark, with these words:

"There was no mention to send a photo - but I want to share a photo of my dog Dax under the Andrew Wyeth print here at home ... I call it 'Master of the Couch.' "

We call it priceless. Wonder what Andrew Wyeth and Jamie Wyeth would think? Bet they would love the symmetry - and the irony.

Bonus prize (A very cute "I love cat" coffee cup) to the first person who correctly identifies the source of this quote: "Life imitates art far more than art imitates life. "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oscar Wilde?

- Selander

Jill said...

Selander is right -- Oscar Wilde. E-mail me at jfredel@delawareonline.com with your mailing address and the cute cat cup is all yours.