Friday, March 24, 2006

Young Yorkie Needs Expert Help

I received this e-mail from a Delaware Pets reader who sounds eager for help. I have a couple of calls into vets, but I wondered if anyone else out there might have some legit advice.

Here's the plea:

Is it too late to housebreak a 10-month old yorkie? I have a pen set up for her with pee pads and thought she was doing really well, that is until I lifted up my area rug and found several spots on it. I am home with her most of the day and keep an eye on her as much as possible and put her in the pen every so often, and thought this was working. She sleeps through the night and first thing in the morning goes in her pen where she urinates and has a bowel movement. Then I let her out of the pen, and she'll go again right beside the pen. Is it too late to crate her? What can I do?

No comments: